Tuesday, April 6, 2010

1976 Sprint Veloce for $1,000 in Cincinnati, Ohio

Okay, I figured I'd list this since I wasted this guys time and I feel bad for doing so. I had planned on buying this but it's just not worth it for me personally. The price he has on the ad is just something his wife threw out there. I talked him down to $1,000. I went and looked at the scooter and here's what I can tell you about it. It's actually a '76. It runs but I have not heard it run. I will say it has some issues. The tank is a little rusty and will need to be replaced but not because of the rust. It's been jimmy rigged with a weird shut off valve with the original petcock being gone but no cutting of the frame or anything just some welding to the tank. It's missing the Sprint V. badge on the rear. It definitely needs a carb cleaning/rebuild. The front brake lever is broken on the end. The tires need to be replaced as they are original. The speedometer is broken. The body has been touched up with spray paint. According to the owner it's been laid down a few times but the frame is not cracked and everything else is pretty straight upon my inspection. The front fender crest is also missing. I'd say it'd make a good candidate for restoration if you have the $ to put into it. I'd say $1,000 for this scooter is near fair as far as the price goes. Here's the link and some photos. http://cincinnati.craigslist.org/mcy/1663016947.html

No comments:

Post a Comment