Saturday, February 20, 2010

1972 Vespa PL 170 100cc for $750 in Denver, Colorado

This thing is one odd scoot and at first I thought it was some weird bodged scooter but it's the real deal. There was an article in scootering in February 2008 about these scoots. They are Indian made with both Indian and Italian parts. The factory shut down, in the article there are pics of it. Apparently everything was left and very few of these even made it out. They were made for the local market in India. Anyways, you can find parts for these and I imagine that this is probably one of a handful that ever made it to the U.S. I actually lke this thing. So, if you're in the market for an odd Vespa this is probably for you. Here's the link http://scoot.net/classifieds/forsale.html?id=20276

2 comments:

  1. My friends and I bought all 4 of these scoots the guy had for sale. They are now in the Oklahoma City Area. Pretty cool scoots. differences between it and a Vespa are like the differences in quality between a LML Stella and a Vespa PX. Has two cable shifter with a 4 speed trans. Extra features are a polished engine case and ignition key is on the column instead of the headset. 100cc, with 12v electronic ignition, and 16/16 carb. We bought these mainly for parts or as a race project but they are actually pretty clean and new looking and I hate to mod it out since it is somewhat rare in the US. HAVOKC S.C.

    ReplyDelete
  2. He had 4 of them?!?! I wish I would have had the money to drop on one when they came up for sale but I was saving for another scooter. Sounds like they're very cool scoots! I would keep it stock for the most part. Thanks for the details!

    ReplyDelete