Sunday, January 10, 2010

1964 Lambretta Cento for $1,600 in Los Angeles

This thing looks great! It does say the kickstart is messed up and has a broken clutch cable. The cable is no biggie. I'm not really sure how hard it is to get a new kickstart assembly for one of these. These are considered not very desirable along with the whole J-range Lambrettas from my understanding. I think that stigma should be re-thought. These, in my humble opinion look better than most small frame Vespa's and I would love to own one. If you're a Lambretta collector this would round out your collection nicely I'm sure. Anyways, I think the price is right. Here's the link and the photo. http://ventura.craigslist.org/mcy/1542541830.html


5 comments:

  1. Yup pickin this up today if all goes well; i personally always wanted a Lamby, and im not in it for speed... Plus i dont have to talk to some burgeois soccermom wearin her Ben and puttin around on her pink stella with no idea why she even does it.. maybe ill bore her out:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice! I was wondering if this sold. I like the Cento although most don't. I think all the J-range Lambretta's are pretty cool. A damn good buy at $1,600 and even better if you can get it for less. Hope it works out for ya.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Word! Its in the garage now and i only paid 1200! Needs a kickstart lever, and put on the already supplied shifter cable.. Well see. I think even lambro's are cool and the only reason i can see why this is not popular is for the reason of parts and speed. Im good @ 50 mph, and will save some diesel and insurance this summer... This is 64 model 811172.. less than 18k made supposedly

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's awesome! There's one sitting in a garage here in Ohio that I've been trying to buy but the guy doesn't want to part with it yet. I did manage to get some other scoots off of him but he doesn't want to let the Cento go. Hope you get her up an running soon!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Haha there should be a 'Cento-only' club for owners. Casa Lambretta in Co. seem to have what i need in the way of kicklever- and other Cento parts.. Badges, trim,etc .. The only thing i would want to add might be a rack or guard here or there, but i dont see much for those. Im sure it can be fitted or made..i would only mod the headset lamp for 12v i think.. Its very clean and preserved; after paint and engine work ill send pics if you like... Any ideas?

    ReplyDelete